The Social Justice Learning Institute (SJLI) is committed to improving the education, health and well-being of youth and communities of color. The organization works toward this goal through various community based initiatives.
SJLI is undergoing a brand refresh and is in need of a web developer to update the organization’s website. SJLI’s current website utilizes Zoho CRM (backend) and Drupal (frontend). Webpage copy is complete, and key design elements reflecting SJLI’s brand have already been created. We are looking for someone to update the look and feel of our website, incorporating responsive design and a cohesive storytelling strategy.
What We Need
The Social Justice Learning Institute is requesting the following services:
1. Professional consultation on site structure
2. Professional design and creation of full site based on an approved plan
3. Train authorized staff to maintain time sensitive materials on website
Additional Features and Capabilities
The following is a list of additional features and capabilities SJLI is seeking in website services. The list is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor is it intended to represent a minimum of features and capabilities:
• Clean and modern looking site, which reflects existing organizational brand and cohesive messaging
• Responsive web design
• Easy term/key word searching ability
• Easy to use mechanism for collecting donations
• Ability for visitors to sign up for email lists, newsletters, etc.
• Ability to collect stakeholder data and automatically sync with internal database
• Event calendar system that allows for each department to add content
• Ability for authorized staff to upload photographs, news articles, and documents
The Right Contractor
• Has an easygoing personality, and an ability to turn work around in a timely manner
• Is experienced and comfortable using Drupal, and can easily modify predesigned skins
• Able to connect the backend to Zoho, CRM manager
• Will be able to train staff on basic website upkeep
• Will be available for hire on intermittent larger scale updates and upkeep
• Can make recommendations and observations to facilitate website ease of use
• Strong copy editing ability
If you are confident in your ability to update this website, and are available to hire immediately, we want to hear from you.
To apply please submit a single PDF document including your basic plan of action/services, summary of qualifications, and answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Please provide samples of two organizational websites that you have facilitated in a brand refresh. Please tell us about your approach, and what specific services you provided each client.
2. How would you describe your design aesthetic?
3. Will you alone be working on the re-design or will you have other staff supporting? Please share a summary of qualification for each additional staff member that will support the project.
4. How long do you anticipate it will take you to return the completed website once provided all deliverables?
5. Please provide a project quote, include detailed pricing information and terms.
Evaluation of Proposals
Price will be a significant, but not the only, criteria in evaluating proposals. Consideration will also be given to the following:
1. Respondents proposed plan, timeline, and understanding of key needs
2. Respondents proven ability to provide all aspects of the proposal
3. Responsiveness of respondent to queries for additional information
- Project Type: One-time project
- One-time Project: Redesign site
- Project Stage: Concept